Immigration and Visa Services
Frequently Asked Questions
Express Entry is neither a new program nor its changed the Immigration program requirements. This is a new way to manage the applications for the below mentioned economic immigration programs.
Express Entry launched in January 2015 and it’s an online application management system for the economic immigration programs of Canada.
Express Entry applications processing is faster for a couple of reason –
- Electronic application system which makes the system easier for applicants to apply
- Prior checking of prospective applications for eligibility criteria
- The possibility of receiving Invitation to apply within the standard of six months or less
Job bank is a portal wherein the eligible employers of Canada and the eligible foreign skilled workers connect with each other easily.
Usually the employer who want to hire a foreign skilled national gets register in the Job bank for a minimum period of 30 days and post their employment ad by meeting other advertising requirements as well. If they unable to find a permanent resident or Canadian to fill the vacancy employer can extend the employer search to get foreign skilled workers. Once employer finalize a foreign skilled worker, in most of the cases they require to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment in order to give employment to the applicant. Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) measures all the LMIA applications. Via Job Bank process Express Entry applicants can explore various jobs and can sign up with Job Match to check jobs that match their Skill set and qualification credentials.
- Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident holder or an individual registered under the Canadian Indian act can sponsor his or her Spouse and dependent Children
- Age should be minimum 18 years old
- You cannot sponsor an individual if you are a Canadian Permanent Resident living outside Canada and if you are a Canadian Citizen living outside Canada, this is important to show that you will live in Canada after your sponsored relative becomes a Permanent Resident of Canada
- Anyone living in Quebec should meet the Quebec’s conditions
- You should have sufficient income to deliver basic needs for your Spouse or dependent Children
To apply a Permanent Residence Visa under Federal Skilled Worker Program through Express Entry system an applicant needs to meet the eligibility criteria.
Applicants must meet the following essential conditions –
- Require to have one-year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment within the previous 10 years in one of the Occupation listed under the applicable National Occupational Classification list
- At skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification
- Require to meet a point based threshold of 67 from six different selection factors
- Undergo a language proficiency test
Applicants must meet the point based threshold of 67 based on the below mentioned selection factors:
- Employment experience;
- Education Qualification;
- Arranged employment;